Senior Commercial Tender Manager
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Role Summary: Senior Commercial Tender Manager
Offers the opportunity as an experienced Senior Commercial Tender Manager to join the OFS HQ Commercial Operations team, located in Dubai, UAE.
This position is responsible for delivering winning strategic tenders and managing the early strategy and scoping/bidding discussions to secure opportunities typically marked as Must Win Priority for the Oil Field Services business. The focus is primarily on large, multi-product line opportunities and the role will be personally involved in developing, supporting and leading selected opportunities globally, and ensuring OFS is in the best position to win.
- Own, and provide hands-on leadership for MENAT selected opportunities. Managing the deal review process, own CPS (Commercial Proposal Summary), connecting risk identification and mitigation, costing, pricing, deal strategy, terms and conditions, cross product line synergies and 3rd party optimizations to ensure a winning proposal is delivered.
- Own the global Must Win Priority process, including rhythms, prioritization, early strategy discussions, reporting and action item logging and follow up.
- Drive constructive Bid/No Bid discussions, including logging and follow up on actions to cover identified gaps ahead of tender release.
- Work in conjunction with the region sales and commercial teams, and product lines to drive commercial intensity and to develop commercial strategies and solutions for large cross product line offerings that will meet customer requirements as well as meet or exceed Oil Field Services business goals
- Keep note of planned upsell opportunities and track performance against the plan
- Conduct AAR (After Action Review) lessons learned reviews and communicate back to the organisation, including key takeaways and actions follow up.
- Drive continuous Must Win Priority opportunities process improvements and simplification opportunities, which will drive Inquiry to Order (ITO) process compliance and efficiency, as well as increasing our win rates for these large opportunities.
- Work closely with the regional and product line commercial operations teams to support them with the best processes and tools for their daily execution.
- Act as a mentor, coach and trainer for the region and product line commercial operations teams as they build out their large complex tender capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline (e.g. Business Management, Mechanical Engineering, Marketing) or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Strong Technical Knowledge with Commercial and contractual skills
- 5 Years previous experience in Oil & Gas front end customer engagement, large project tendering and team management
- Relevant experience in sales, operations, commercial or risk in Oil Field Services
- Ability to influence and lead cross functional teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent networking and team working skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be willing to travel frequently as and when needed
- Industry knowledge / competitive landscape understanding at a transaction level
- Knowledge of legal aspects and implications of contracts, terms and conditions, negotiation, etc. to allow constructing contracts with minimizing risk
- Proven coordination and influencing skills
- Experience in New Product/New Offering designs/offerings
- Experience in business development and / or building growth plans
- Health, Safety, Security & Environment awareness
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment