Production Engineer – E&I
Leads production discipline engineering support for fabrication.
Understands the full scope of work, contract type and milestone schedules.
Directs the (discipline) production team of drafting, material control and co-ordinate requirements for construction engineering and technical support.
Review constructability, plans material issues and ensures drafting and nc deliverables are in place before fabrication commences.
Solves problems and initiates site queries to ensure fabrication productivity.
Coordinates material issue, reports fabrication progress and issues notices for critical actions.
Reviews scope changes, additional works or reworks and initiates revision orders / change orders.
Follow company safety plans and procedures.
- Reviews project scope of work, schedules, and specifications. Understands the requirements and deliverables.
- Prepares Scope of work and Task Listing.
- At project commencement, reviews the fabrication schedule and suggests corrections to the planning team.
- Reviews drawings for constructability and identifies any special items/subcontract requirements.
- Reviews monthly material reports. Ensures and raises problems on material delivery.
- Reviews the material requisitions prior to order. Checks grade, plate sizing assumptions.
- Initiates site queries to utilize available material (substitutions).
- Provides field guidance and ensures compliance with Company specification.
- Attends production meetings and reports concerns.
- Monitors scope changes and issues revision orders.
- Reports weekly fabrication progress and monitors production man-hours and productivity.
- Reviews 4 week look ahead plans and identifies the constraints (material/drawings).
- Coordinates with construction engineer to ensure procedures are issued timely / all parties understand any change.
- Coordinates any sub-contract scope.
- Reviews as-built drawings.
- 3 years experience in oil and gas with major contactor or consultant.
- With B. Sc. Degree
- Familiar with the content and application of API, RP2A, AISC and AWS.
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions from the wellhead to the storage tank to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.