Hygiene Officer – We are excited to find the next Heartist® Hygiene Officer to join the Raffles Dubai team!
Raffles Dubai promises exceptional standards of service inherent of the Raffles brand and complemented by Arabian hospitality values. Our aim is to keep the Raffles Brand Promise of being an oasis for the Well-Travelled, offering Emotional Luxury to all our distinguished guests.
Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as a Hygiene Officer.
The Hygiene Officer is responsible for the maintenance/upgrade of sanitation and hygiene standards to ensure all food served to guests and employees are free of microbiological, chemical and physical contamination and all work areas conform to required Hygiene and Sanitation levels.
Specifically, the Hygiene Officer will assist Hygiene Manager by performing the following tasks:
- Carrying out food hygiene inspections to ensure the Hotel premises stores, prepares, produces, cooks or sells food that complies with strict hygiene standards and legislation.
- Ensuring the corrective actions are taken for the non-conformance noted during the inspections/audits.
- Conducting Supplier audits, reporting non-conformance & upgrade the status to ensure the quality of the products entering in to the distribution, process & system.
- Responsible for effective and efficient maintenance of records related to the Hotel’s sanitation and hygiene efforts/program
- Monitors, assists and performs all procedures and protocols for maintaining an excellent sanitation and hygienic environment
- Monitor and check the personal hygiene standards & working habits of the staff.
- Identify and report structural deficiencies in the food operation.
- Manage and maintain an effective pest control system.
- Manage and maintain a satisfactory waste disposal system.
- Review and follow up on the microbiological results of food samples from laboratory.
- Manage and maintain the traceability system established.
- Investigating confirmed cases of food poisoning and resolving them effectively.
- Periodically review the food safety system .
- Conduct training in food safety and hygiene for the food handlers.
- Liaise with other departments to establish and implement necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of food safety issues.
- Developing and implementing environmental strategies and action plans that ensure compliance with corporate sustainable development program (Planet 21)
- Training staff at all levels in environmental issues and responsibilities.
- Coordinating aspects of waste management, recycling and conservation.
- Setting organizational sustainability targets, and developing plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery in line with corporate Planet 21 guidelines
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Masters in Food Science / Masters in related food science
- Minimum 2 years experience in Food Hygiene & Quality Management in food industry / retail food industry with exposure to online quality assurance.