At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better.
We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying.
It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do.
If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district.
Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre.
A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away.
Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
POSITION PURPOSE – Housekeeping Attendant
As a housekeeping attendant you will be responsible to clean different areas of the hotel, delivering high standards.
- Able to work in the cleaning of the rooms, in the cleaning of public areas or in the laundry accordingly to the hotel’s operational needs, company standards and guarantee highest quality.
- Able to work as a Team player.
- To keep all equipment clean, tidy and well maintained.
- To have a complete understanding of the different cleaning products and tools under use.
- To carry out special jobs, projects, tasks according to the needs of the hotel.
- Able to report damage or missing items to the supervisors.
- To report and delivery to the supervisor any lost and found property in the rooms, public areas or back of the house.
- Able to work in high cleaning in the rooms and public areas.
- To attend special guest requests in a courteously and promptly manner.
- To be ready to give a personalized experience to our guest.
- To attend daily briefings, and participate in a proactive way.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Hotel experience is an advantage
- Ability to work in a team
We do expect that you do have the experiences/ behaviors below. You:
- Totally embrace the philosophy of guest and customer service and owns the guests;
- Identify yourself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy;
- Possess a warm and friendly demeanor;
- Strive to achieve satisfaction and delight of our customers;
- Are detail oriented;
- Thrive on pride of work and its product;
- Play as a team to achieve common goals;
- Have immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability;
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm;
- Have a strong ability to learn skills, retain and demonstrate learning;
- Uphold ethical business practices.
PHYSICAL CONDITION REQUIRED FOR YOUR ROLE
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- Ability to climb stairs and run high cleaning tasks.
- Ability to walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoor in all temperatures and weather conditions.
- Ability to tolerate any personal protective equipment.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.