Guest Services Agent at Fairmont Dubai – First impressions are everything! Your engaging smile and personality are the essence of a great Guest Services Agent with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
As you personally greet our Guests and assist them throughout the day, you will be empowered to deliver on our mission of “Turning moments into memories for our guests”.
A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city.
Just minutes from Dubai’s key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre.
Ten contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools.
Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service.
Summary of Responsibilities: Guest Services Agent
Reporting to the Assistant Guest Services Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate all Guest Service operations communicating with colleagues to ensure that they are performing their functions in accordance with established hotel standards
- Coordinate prompt and efficient handling of baggage on arrival, during stay and upon departure
- Assign Bellmen, Doormen, Drivers and Airport Concierge to perform duties as needed regarding requests from Guests, determining work schedules and recording important information
- Greet every Guest approaching the bell desk, and acknowledge waiting Guests if they are engaged at that time
- Utilize knowledge of hotel facilities and local merchants and attractions
- Ensure incoming faxes are delivered to Guest rooms within 15 minutes of receiving
- Ensure that luggage will be delivered to arriving Guest rooms within 15 minutes, and will advise the guest if there is a delay
- Ensure that a bellman will arrive to collect bags within 10 minutes of a call from the Guest, and will inform the Guest if there is a delay
- Ensure that Guest luggage is kept secure
- Monitor and control bell service supplies for optimum usage
- Ensure accurate posting of airport transfer charges to guest rooms and arranges additional transport requirements
- Keep an accurate record of all luggage delivered and collected, as well as all items delivered to rooms
- Prepare the daily driver schedule
- Provide stamps for sale to Guests, and post the profit made to the Guest Services revenue account
- Communicate and liaise with the airport staff to keep abreast of development
- Make all arrangements during rainy days; coordinate with Housekeeping department, Engineering department and the colleagues on duty
- Organize the breaks timings for the Bellmen and Doormen Colleague
- Be responsible of the grooming check of the Colleagues on duty, including uniforms, name tags and gloves
Qualifications: Guest Services Agent
Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Previous customer related experience an asset
Previous PMS experience an asset
Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
Must be able to type 25 words per minute
Must possess a professional presentation
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
Hospitality Diploma is an asset
Must be flexible in terms of working hours
Must have the ability to handle cash effectively and accurately
Physical Aspects of Position: Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel.
Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity.
A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!