Executive Assistant Vacancy in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
TEAM Energy Resources are working along side a major Oil and Gas Organization in seeking an executive assistant for a new role based in Dubai.
Contract Basis: Permanent
- Carries out a variety of secretarial and general office duties in the assigned function or support group.
- Includes taking dictation, typing in English, receiving and dispatching mail, maintaining confidential and general files, arranging appointments and other social functions.
- Arranges management meetings which includes booking venues, typing and circulating agendas, preparing the Manager’s file for the meeting by including required notes and documents.
- May attend meetings to take minutes as required.
- In addition will carry out other duties of a similar level specific to the activities of the assigned Function or support group.
- Maintains an appointments diary for the assigned Manager.
- Also ensures that all meetings, interviews, functions, duty trips are clearly indicated and advises the Manager of his/her daily program.
- Receives visitors and VIPs with tact and courtesy, determines the purpose of the visit, and directs them to the executive’s office.
- Answers the telephone, connects callers as necessary, taking and conveying messages and answering general queries.
- Transcribes material from notes, shorthand and/or audio tapes into typed drafts for review. Includes taking shorthand notes at formal and informal meetings and drafting letters from brief notes or oral instructions as required.
- Types in English and proofreads a variety of material such as letters, memoranda, reports, faxes, statements, etc., ensuring accuracy and passes to the Manager for signature,
- Arranges dispatch and circulation of such items as necessary.
- Will arrange translation of routine correspondence from English to Arabic or vice versa as required.
- Receives incoming mail, sorts, registers receipt, date stamps, attaches references as necessary.
- Forwards mail to the executive ensuring confidential or urgent material is delivered directly.
- Prepares outgoing mail for dispatch.
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive filing system for correspondence and other material.
- Maintains files and other records, ensuring adequate security measures are taken with regard to confidential papers or documents of significant importance.
- Assists in preparations for general and/or group meetings which Involves typing agenda, informing the participants, obtaining files, reports or documents required for the meeting, booking the conference room and attending the meetings as requested.
- Takes minutes. Drafts, types and forwards to the Manager for review and approval.
- Follows up with others in the OU/Function to pass on or follow up on requirements, on decisions taken and keeps the Manager informed of progress.
- 3 years experience in general secretarial and office management work in a similar working environment.
- Ability to type in English at the rate of 50-60 w.p.m.,
- Should have knowledge and use of modern desktop systems including e-mail.
- Excellent English language communication skills.
- Knowledge of office practices, processes and computer software programs.
- Ability to determine work priorities, meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education, followed by a formal secretarial/office management course (or equivalent additional experience).