Vacancy for Business Intelligence Data Analyst in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Business Intelligence Data Analyst
SNC Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Atkins are looking for a Business Intelligence Data Analyst to be based in Dubai.
To drive strategic growth revenue, MEA is moving to a centrally managed Atkins team. There is a new focus on data-driven decision making, which drives a requirement for data analytics support.
The key objective of this role is to translate data into meaningful information for leadership to make informed decisions and choices. The role will support in setting strategy and quantitative monitoring and interpretation.
There is an emphasis on story-telling that maps business performance and pipeline to inform focus and investment. The use of visualisation tools such as Power BI, technology and AI to automate and predict is essential.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for compilation, analysis and presentation of Atkins-wide operational and business development data and assists in planning/budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Acts as conduit between operations and business development, with an emphasis on facilitating information flow
- Sets analytics strategy; analyses, monitors and reports on revenue performance vs. financial targets, metrics and goals; tracks variances and reports exceptions
- Works with Strategic Growth Director, Head of Win Work and division finance teams to develop the annual business plan and periodic forecasted updates for revenue and BD metrics
- Gathers, analyses and distributes intelligence on current key customers, suspects and prospects, together with market conditions by territory, country and market including policy, economic and investment developments to enable business strategy and decision-making
- Gathers, analyses and distributes intelligence on competitors and customers for strategic review, business decision-making. Looking at competitor strategy, operating models, data, pricing and industry trends to help develop a picture of where the company stands in the industry, who its key competitors are by geography and practice area, resulting in recommendations including but not exclusive to: where we can improve, adjust our strategy, pricing accordingly – price to win, reduce costs etc.
- Daily management of reports and dashboards (Power BI and others) and provides weekly and monthly results summary
- Able to work and extract data from CRM, JDE and HFM finance systems – converting data into actionable insights
- Develops new Power BI MEA dashboard reports working closely with Strategic Growth Director and global EDPM team
- Provides Power BI training to key people as required
- Assists with weekly, monthly and QBR reports; and any other reports required
- Runs and maintains the CRM programme for data; acts as the CRM champion to support accurate pipeline information
- Works with Project Controls to develop the automated benchmarking/pricing tool and integration of on-line bid model/data with the virtual project management tool
- Manage, support and develop Advanced Analytics using Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Big Data ecosystem within IT
- Direct and build advanced data science algorithms, predictive models, forecasting models and optimization models. Help in assessing data patterns from structured/un-structured data and implementation of supervised and un-supervised machine learning
- Assist and guide other teams on capabilities of Advance Analytics & Al
- Ensure that appropriate security controls are in place. Access to data is restricted only to authorized users as approved and granted by access control team
- Produces monthly, quarterly and year-end SLT presentations
- Education level bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance, statistics, data science, technology or science (computers) or related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in similar role.
- Consultancy / construction industry experience an advantage.
- Strong Power BI knowledge essential
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong track record of analytical and story-telling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all stakeholders.
- Aptitude for continual learning, specifically in the technology space
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants