Assistant Retail Buyer
Assistant Retail Buyer – In this role you will be responsible for the assistance in overall performance of a category in terms of cash margin, stock holding, aged stock, slow sellers, and top seller stock positions.
You will be assisting in forecasting and planning all the local and international purchases in accordance with the sales budget.
You will assist the Buyer by ensureing you are in stock of the top sellers at all times, being proactive and ordering stock for seasons well in advance.
You will be required to co-ordinate with other Buying Managers and their Assistants.
Primary Objectives – Assistant Retail Buyer
- Improve category performance by introducing items as per market trend
- Replenish stocks to all stores based on sales on a daily basis
- Order stock for regions while considering lead times and stock turn around
- Ensure the prices of all items are maintained as per the agreed margin
- You must a have some understanding and experience as an assistant buying for a retail chain,
- Above average oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, proven ability in developing a category and demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with the Purchasing team.
- You must have excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment which includes Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
- Experience in the Toy Gifts and or Cards Retail industry would be an advantage.