Administrative Clerk Vacancy in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Vacancy Time Zone:
For More Info:HR Section
- Hiring Path:• Open to the public
- For USEFM – Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type:Permanent
- Appointment Type Details:• Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Summary:The work schedule for this position is:Full Time (40 number of hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (8 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:No
- Travel Required:Not Required
Note: All applicants must currently hold or be able to acquire a UAE residency visa to fill the position. For non-UAE national, the Mission assists in obtaining the required residency visa to lawfully work in the UAE. Ref. to Eligibility Question #2 and Vacancy Question #1: If a non-UAE national has a valid UAE residency visa, they should answer Yes to Eligibility Q#2 and Vacancy Q#1, and attach a copy of residency visa.
Basic Function of the Position :
The incumbent is assigned to the Facility Management Office and reports directly to the Facility Manager. Provides clerical/secretarial support to the Facility Manager and the designated Facilities Engineering and Maintenance Supervisors.
Supports and manages the facility manager’s daily work schedule and planning activities, Perform administrative duties as assigned by the facility manager (FM) such as drafting memos, typing correspondence and maintaining all files,records and reports.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: 2 years minimum as an Administrative Clerk/Assistant or in a clerical setting, or equivalent experience..
JOB KNOWLEDGE: The incumbent shall possess job knowledge to include general computer literacy, basic math, and office management and administrative skills. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) and other computer programs, and customer service oriented.
- Completion of Secondary School or Local Mandatory Schooling and received high school diploma
LANGUAGE: English level III (Good working knowledge) Written/Speaking/Reading is required.“This may be tested”
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The incumbent must be a visionary, forward thinker, and quick understudy with an aptitude to learn so he/she can anticipate the needs of the office and those individuals he/she supports. Must have excellent interpersonal skills in order to deal with a myriad of personalities including frustrated customers; able to handle a large workload that encompasses multiple tasks. Must be organized, methodical, decisive, and have professional telephone skills..
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Dubai/UAE may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Invited Applicants for language or skills test as well as those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities as well as required qualifications, etc. can be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Dubai/UAE.